Lachlan Valley, Parkes, Forbes Cycle - 7 days
- Duration: 7 Days (approx.)
- Location: COWRA, NSW
- Product code: CCT2022
Lachlan Valley Parkes Forbes Cycle Tour
This stunning scenic tour starts from Eugowra and cycles along scenic gravel roads of the Lachlan Valley to Parkes, Trundle, Peak Hill, The Dish,Forbes and returns to Eugowra the village of murals and bushrangers. The LachlanValley of the Central West Region is very scenic and picturesque region knownas the golden circle of food production across all sectors grain, vegetables, wine and meat. You will be able to taste the fresh produce. The roads are 90% gravel back roads with low traffic carefully selected so that you can peacefully enjoy the scenery and highlights of our region.
You will visit Amazing Forbes, Parkes home of Elvis Festival, Eugowra the town of murals, Cowra home to Prisoner of War Camp and learn about the Japanese Breakout. Relax in the beautiful Cowra Japanese Garden.
Learn and visit the history the many historical towns and villages of this stunning scenic valley. Bushrangers once roamed this gold rich region.
Our tour routes are carefully selected to ensure that the roads on which we tour are, low in traffic and suitable to most fitness levels.
The locals have enthusiastically embraced this new cycling tour and are looking forward to welcoming and providing country style hospitality..
BYO Bike or hire an E-Bike from Central West Tours- please call
The Tour at a Glance - Link to Route Map
- Duration: 8 nights, 6-days cycling, 1-rest day in Parkes
- Start & Finish: Cowra, NSW, Cycling starts from Eugowra
- Distance: 355km approx.
- Average Daily: 60 km
- Bike Type: Hybrid, Touring or Gravel bike E bike
- Surface: Sealed & unsealed roads, trails. 56% Gravel
- Terrain: Flat to undulating. Gradients are 1% - 3%
- Roads: Quiet, local, bike-friendly backroads with very little traffic.
- Group Size: Small group tour, approx. 5 – 10
- Difficulty Rating: 4/10 - fun
- Accommodation: 8 nights country hotels & motels
- Meals included: 8 breakfasts, 6 Lunches 8 dinners, plus on-road snacks.
- Bike Hire: E Bike hire Available - please call
Included on tour
- All accommodation, 8 nights
- Meals - 8 Breakfasts, 8 Dinners, 6 Lunches
- Snacks, water & fruit on the trails
- Transfers to/from each days ride as required
- Bike mechanical assistance, limited
- Support & safety vehicles
- Daily maps & directions
Day 0: Pre-Tour Stay Cowra
Gather at Cowra Motor Inn and prepare your bike and equipment for the cycle tour. Relax
and get ready for dinner, meet the other tour cyclists and Central West Tours staff
Day 1: Eugowra to Parkes 50km Stay Parkes
Drive vehicles to Eugowra for breakfast, coffee at The Fat Parcel Food Van and prepare the bikes to commence the cycle tour. Leavevehicles at Eugowra
Eugowra is an historical town of Murals and Bushrangers. Nearby is historical Escort Rocks site, where 8 bushrangers of the Frank Gardiner gang ambushed and robbed the gold coach
Cycling tour starts from Eugowra and takes us to the Parkes home to the renowned Parkes Elvis Festival. Parkes originally called Bushman was renamed after Sir Henry Parkes who visited the area in 1873. To learn more about Parkes and Sir Henry Parkes visit this link, Henry Parkes Centre
.Day 2: Parkes to Trundle 70km Stay Trundle
Trundle is known for the ABBA Festival and Bush Tucker Day held in the town each year. Trundle is noted for having wide streets and the second longest hotel balcony in NSW.
Day 3: Trundle to Peak Hill 70km Stay Peak Hill
Cycle along stunning gravel roads and enjoy the scenery as we follow the Bogan River towards the historical mining town of Peak Hill.
Day 4: Peak Hill to Parkes 70km Stay Parkes
The tour takes us back to Parkes via The Dish. Relax with food and coffee at The Dish
Day 5: Rest day in Parkes StayParkes
Learn more about Parkes and Sir Henry Parkes visit this link,
Henry Parkes Centre
Day 6: Parkes to Forbes 40km Stay Forbes
Easy cycle to Forbes where you can enjoy the afternoon discovering the history and
beauty of Amazing Forbes.
Day 7: Forbes to Eugowra 55km Stay Cowra
Back to Eugowra via the scenic road that follows closely near the Lachlan River. Enjoy a relax coffee at The Fat Parcel Food Van then prepare to return to Cowra.
Day 8: Cowra: Depart
Depart or stay an extra day to further explore and enjoy the attractions of Cowra and the Central West. Tour ends 10:am. Tour officially concludes with hotel checkout.
All Tours require comfortable walking shoes, weather appropriate clothing and sunscreen.
- Cycle Tours, Clothing must be suitable for cycling
- Closed Shoes for cycling
- Water Bottle to fit into Bike Drink Bottle Holder
- Warm socks, pants and jacket
- 1 or 2 pair bike Knicks. (Important) padded shorts
- Wet weather jacket
- Bike Gloves
- Small day pack 15L
- Your own bike and Helmet if not hiring
Start Booking Now - table
select - Number of Participants
select - Choose a Date
select - BOOK NOW
Questions call 0459 155 845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service-Central West Tours
Terms & Conditions of Bike Hire - Central West Tours