Young Hilltops Cycle Tour - 3 Days
- Durata: 3 Giorni (circa)
- Luogo: Young, NSW
- Codice prodotto: YCT 051121
Young Hilltops Cycling Tour
16 - 18 Sep, 10 - 12 Oct, 29 Nov - 1 Dec
Our cycling tour through Young, Murrumburrah, Harden and Boorowa will allow you to feel the local heartbeat of the region and to see the beautiful and world class produce that the region harvests up close. Together we’ll uncover the fascinating history of these beautiful towns and immerse ourselves amongst the town’s offerings and towns people.
Minor and good gravel roads are travelled throughout the tour to ensure a relaxed, safe pace and peaceful experience.
Learn about Hero war-horse 'Bill the Bastard' who helped take four injured soldiers to safety in WW1. Visit the Memorial to Australian Light Horse regiment, which had its origin in Harden-Murrumburrah
- When: 8 am, Young
- Where: Tourist Information Centre Young Railway Station
- Finish: 4pm Young
- Parking: Available at tourist information centre Young
The Tour at a Glance - LINK CYCLE ROUTE MAP
- Duration: 2 nights, 3 days cycling
- Start & Finish: Young, NSW
- Distance: 156 km approx.
- Average Daily: 50 km
- Bike Type: Hybrid, Touring or Gravel bike E bike
- Surface: Sealed & unsealed roads, trails.
- Terrain: Flat to undulating. Gradients are 1% - 3%
- Roads: Quiet, local, bike-friendly backroads with very little traffic.
- Group Size: Small group tour, approx. 5 – 10
- Difficulty Rating: 4/10
- Accommodation: 2 nights country hotels & motels
- Meals included: 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, plus on-road snacks.
- Bike Hire; E Bike $150.00
Bring your bike or hire an E-Bike with Central West Tours please call us
Included on tour
- All accommodation - 2 nights
- Meals - 2 Breakfast, 2 Dinners
- Snacks, water & fruit on the trails
- Daily maps & directions
- Bike mechanical assistance, limited
- Support & safety vehicles
Day 1: Young to Harden - 36km
Stay - Harden
0800 am, arrive at Young information Centre, for ride brief and preparation time and equipment check. Meet tour leader and group members. We cycle to, Poppas Fudge factory, Lambing flat Museum and the Chinese Gardens prior to leaving Young then cycle along quite country roads to Harden.
On August 30 1897, General James Kenneth Mackay took enrolments to the First Australian
Horse at Harden-Murrumburrah, creating the First Australian Light Horse troop; his statue
stands on the highway. Harden has the statue of Bill the Bastard, the Great War Horse that had many adventures. Harden has a great honey shop with local produce and also a great museum on the highway at Murrumburrah.
Day 2: Harden to Boorowa - 54km
Stay - Boorowa
Boorowa has some really nice Buildings the Council Chambers, Court house and the St Patricks Roman Catholic church. The main Street has been done up recently keeping the heritage building in original colours and restoring them to their former glory. The Superb Bakery has amazing coffee. Settle into the hotel, meet the locals and enjoy the evening.
Day 3: Boorowa to Young - 66km
Today we make our way to the small town of Murringo and weave our way thru the rolling hills and farmland back to Young. Arriving in Young about 4:00pm.All Tours require comfortable walking shoes, weather appropriate clothing and sunscreen.
- Cycle Tours, Clothing must be suitable for cycling
- Closed Shoes for cycling
- Water Bottle to fit into Bike Drink Bottle Holder
- Warm socks, pants and jacket
- 1 or 2 pair bike Knicks. (Important) padded shorts
- Wet weather jacket
- Bike Gloves
- Small day pack 15L
- Your own bike and Helmet if not hiring
Start Booking Now - table
select - Number of Participants
select - Choose a Date
select - BOOK NOW
Questions call 0459 155 845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service-Central West Tours
Terms & Conditions of Bike Hire - Central West Tours