Parkes Cycle Tour - 3 days
- Durée: 3 Jours (environ)
- Lieu: Parkes, NSW
- Code produit: PCT 281121
Parkes Cycling Tour
29 - 31 Aug, 16 - 18 Sep, 5 - 7 Oct,
21 - 23 Oct, 29 - 31 Oct, 25 - 27 Nov, 16 -18 Dec
Breathe in the country air and relish at the beautiful scenery and ambience of the region and enjoy a welcoming and friendly insight into one of the Central West’s gems and visit Parkes the home to the famous Parkes Elvis Festival.
Parkes and the surrounding districts are highly regarded as a successful agricultural region with cropping, sheep farming, and cattle farming are prominent drivers of the local economy. There’s lots to see and learn in this quick 2-night tour, and we’re sure you’ll collect lots of fun facts and photos along the way.
Learn about the Bushranger history of the Lachlan Valley - Ben Hall, Frank Darkie Gardiner. Great stage coach robbery at Escort Rocks near Eugowra, considered to be one of the largest gold robberies in Australian history. Visit Ben Halls grave at historical amazing Forbes.
This 145km cycle tour starts and finishes in historical Eugowra(Town of murals and bushrangers)
Our tour routes are carefully selected to ensure that 90% of the roads on which we tour are good gravel, minor bitumen low in traffic and suitable to most fitness levels, so that you can ride at a leisurely and safe pace.
The Tour at a Glance - LINK TO CYCLE ROUTE MAP
- Duration; 2 nights, 3 days cycling
- Start & Finish: Eugowra, NSW
- Distance: 145 km approx.
- Average Daily: 50 km
- Bike Type: Hybrid, Touring or Gravel bike E bike
- Surface: Sealed & unsealed roads, trails.
- Terrain: Flat to undulating. Gradients are 1% - 2%
- Roads: Quiet, local, bike-friendly backroads with very little traffic.
- Group Size: Small group tour, approx. 5 – 10
- Difficulty Rating: 3/10
- Accommodation: 2 nights country hotels & motels
- Meals included: 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 3 lunches, plus on-road snacks.
- Bike Hire; E Bike $150.00
Bring your bike or hire an E-Bike with Central West Tours please ring for hire
Included on tour
- All accommodation - 2 nights
- Meals - 2 Breakfast, 2 Dinners, 3 Lunches
- Snacks, water & fruit on the trails
- Daily maps & directions
- Bike mechanical assistance, limited
- Support & safety vehicles
Day 1: Eugowra to Parkes 50km
0800 am, gather at Fat Parcel Cafe, for amazing Coffee, ride brief, preparation time and equipment check. Meet tour leader and group members. The Fat parcel has nicest coffee and food, need to experience it for yourself.
The ride to Parkes is picturesque. Rolling hills riding the valley with amazing views of forested areas. On arrival to Parks take some time to enjoy the Henry Lawson Centre that has 4 museums. Henry Lawson, Elvis, Motor Museum and Antique Machinery Museum.
Day 2: Parkes to Forbes 45km
The cycle from Parkes to Forbes is along quite country road. On the way into Forbes we will visit the Ben Hall grave site. Forbes has beautiful lake and Cultural Centre in the middle of the town. The town has many historical buildings kept in beautiful condition. Look at the biscuit factory in the main street, visit the museum. Settle into the hotel, meet the locals and enjoy the evening.
Day 3: Forbes to Eugowra 50km
Tour ends 4 pm
The open farm land is a picture as we ride you can see for miles. It is highly productive land, much of it mixed farming (crops and animals). Eugowra has over 20 murals, our guide will show you all of the amazing murals and tell you the story behind it all.
All Tours require comfortable walking shoes, weather appropriate clothing and sunscreen.
- Cycle Tours, Clothing must be suitable for cycling
- Closed Shoes for cycling
- Water Bottle to fit into Bike Drink Bottle Holder
- Warm socks, pants and jacket
- 1 or 2 pair bike Knicks. (Important) padded shorts
- Wet weather jacket
- Bike Gloves
- Small day pack 15L
- Your own bike and Helmet if not hiring
Start Booking Now - table
select - Number of Participants
select - Choose a Date
select - BOOK NOW
Questions call 0459 155 845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service-Central West Tours
Terms & Conditions of Bike Hire - Central West Tours